I imagine these questions are part of an old tradition, but I'm not sure where they come from. They're in our church bulletin every week:
Where am I with the Lord Jesus Christ who died on the cross for my sins?
1. Am I more aware of others faults than I am of my own?
2. How do I speak of others, with contempt or with mercy?
3. When I am in conflict with someone, do I quickly separate myself from them, or do I stick with them through difficult times?
4. Am I overconfident about my being "right" and do I hate to be contradicted or am I flexible and easy to be around?
5. Do I confront all the time or not at all?
6. Do I complain a lot, and am unhappy and filed with self-pity? Do I make myself the center of attention?
1 John 1.9 -- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."Makes you think.